Netherlands or Holland, as we know it, is a small but strong economy in Europe. It lies at a strategic location, which helps it to connect to all the major countries in the world. It owns a world-class airport and top-ranked seaports that act as a link not only for commuters travelling to different parts of the world; but also as an important logistics hub for global business houses. Almost 90% of the Dutch people speak English language which helps to create a friendly, open environment for customers and expats coming for business and tourism purpose to Netherlands. The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency offers assistance and free services that create an efficient and welcoming atmosphere for companies looking to start, expand or move their businesses here. It has a vibrant start-up ecosystem. Its world-class research institutes, supportive R&D tax credits and many strategic public-private partnerships make it a huge hub for R&D innovation; thus attracting a cream of students and working professionals looking for a smart choice to settle and create a career. It is also one of the most connected and wired countries in the world.
The Netherlands at a Glance
- The Netherlands is a low-lying country, with about 27 percent of its area, where 60 percent of its population live, below sea level. This distinctive feature led to the country’s name: in Dutch Nederland, in English the Netherlands – which literally mean “low lands.”
- The highest point in the Netherlands is Vaalserberg in the province of Limburg i.e. 321 meters above sea level
- The lowest point in the Netherlands is Prince Alexander Polder, northeast of Rotterdam i.e. 6.76 meters below sea level
- The Dutch are the tallest people in the world. The average Dutchman stands at 1.82 meters, while women average nearly 1.69 meters.’The Randstad
- The GDP per capita of Netherlands is € 34,661 (US$45,584) and Average income is € 32,500 gross.
- The Netherlands Ranked No. 8 in Europe by Bloomberg’s “Best Countries for Business,” the Netherlands is truly a world-class business destination.
- Holland’s strategic location at Europe’s front door provides the perfect springboard into the European market—with access to 95% of Europe’s most lucrative consumer markets.
- Holland’s supportive corporate tax structure, highly educated, multilingual workforce, and superior logistics and technology infrastructure, the small and mid-sized to Fortune 500 leaders—have chosen the Netherlands as their gateway to Europe.
For more information about Netherlands, visit the following sites below