The Indian Business Chamber (IBC) was founded on June 13, 1989 to provide a forum for the Indian business community, to protect, advance and promote its commercial interests in The Netherlands and improve awareness of the contribution and role of the Indian business community to the general developments of the Dutch economy. The IBC has held various seminars in cooperation with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, hosted trade delegations from India and facilitated the exchange of information and knowledge among its members.
IBC organizes business seminars, meet-and-greet events, social events including the well-known IBC Diwali Gala,New Year Dinner , and the annual member/guest Golf Tournament. These events provide a premier opportunity to increase knowledge, improve your skills and widen your network with regards to the Indian business community in the Netherlands.
Besides the flagship events, IBC facilitates India-related business in any way possible, such as company visits, private lectures, and general advisory services.
Membership is on invitation or approval of the board, and is open to all companies with an interest in the Indian business community.
The IBC is active in following areas:
- It provides a forum for the Indian business community of The Netherlands to foster and develop closer ties amongst its members.
- To promote, advance and protect the commercial interests of its members.
- To identify and discuss problems facing its members and share their individual experiences.
- To act as a liaison between business community from India and The Netherlands.
- To make the Dutch government and public aware of the role of the Indian business community in The Netherlands.
- To promote business and economic relations between India and The Netherlands to the mutual benefit of both the countries.